2005-08-08

Murderball

I saw Murderball yesterday. It was one of the favorites at the Twin Cities Film Festival and I wanted to see it then, but didn't have then chance. So I finally got to see it yesterday. I just knew that it was supposed to be good and was about wheelchair rugby, aka murderball (that's really what they originally called quad rugby). And just like most people reading this, I was like, "what? wheelchair rugby?" I guess you have to see it. Anyhow, 'twas a good movie. It sort of followed the rivalry between the US and Canadian national quad rugby teams, and mainly one specific player from the US, Mark Zupan, and the Canadian coach, Joe Soares, who is a big ass. You should all go see it if you haven't already, if only to see how the fuck one plays wheelchair rugby.

Oh, almost forgot. One of the best parts of the movie:

Little 6 year old boy from campfire: Um, I just have one question... how do you eat your pizza with your elbows?
Man from US team who has had his forearms amputated: I just pick it up like this. (demonstrates how he picks up a piece of pizza using a notebook or something as a subsitute).

(This post was giving me trouble. Deleted it, now reposted it).

Filed in:

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home