2005-09-01

Rejoice

After a brief hiatus, I am back. I attend school at the University of Minnesota and live on campus, and they decided that in order to use the internet, I had to get some updates. When I attempted to install them, I could not. I got an error message that said "access denied." Nothing else. So I spent a good couple days trying to get that to work. Then I figured something must be pretty messed up on my computer, so I had to reformat my hard drive. Then I spent a couple days getting my computer somewhere close to they way it was before. So now I am back.

It turns out that I had a bug on my computer. It is known as "Microsoft Windows XP." It turns out that there are many bug fixes for this problem. So anyway, in order to get the updates in question, service pack 2, to install, I had to reformat my hard drive. I considered just installing linux instead of Windows, or partitioning my hard drive to dual boo, but decided instead to just buy another hard drive and load linux on that. So I have managed to get windows to work for now, but I have my new hard drive, and will soon have linux on it, and will then no longer have to deal with this most ingenious of computer viruses, which infects the vast majority of home computers, known as windows, when I don't want to.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 9/02/2005 01:36:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm in london right now. doing your mom. your mom is in london getting done by me. take that.

 
At 9/02/2005 01:36:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm in london right now. doing your mom. your mom is in london getting done by me. take that.

 
At 9/02/2005 01:36:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

twice.

 
At 9/16/2005 06:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if i remember correctly, i wasn't even required to install anything on my Mac the past two years. Hmm...how nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home